Melissa and Cody came to stay with us for a week in October. It was so fun to have them here. Easton and I got to enjoy hanging out each day with them. Some of what we did was just regular life stuff, like running the boys around to all of the things they are involved with. But, it was fun to have her to go with me. We took the little boys to the park one day and picnicked, went to Dallon's band concert, football games, and Melissa and I got to go out and see a chick flick. That was fun. We carved pumpkins, ate out, played Just Dance, and made cookies. (Oh, by the way... you do not want to compete in Just Dance against Melissa. She rocks! The only one of us that could even compete any where near her level was Dallon, if you can believe that). One of my favorite things we did while she was here, was more something she did. I had asked her to bring some of her favorite recipes and we could cook them together. Our family is sick of eating the same things over and over and I was excited to try some new food. She made some delicious healthy meals. It was so fun to learn to cook new things, and find some new family favorites. We also checked the boys out of school one day and spent the day at a pumpkin patch. That was lots of fun. But the pictures for that will have to come in another post. Thanks for coming to see us Melissa and Cody. We love you, and we are so glad we got to spend that time with you.










4 comments:
We have a Genghis Grill here too! I LOVE it!! And, I'm sure Aaron told you, but my very best friend just moved to Norfolk and is really good friends with Melissa! Small world!
Fun! I wish we had a trip planned. We'll be rooting for Dallon's team tomorrow!
Love the pic of Easton and Cody hugging each other. Aaron's weight loss shows - he looks great. I am with Meredith - I wish I had another trip planned.
So much fun!!! I can't wait to get the pics from you. Thanks for doing that, by the way. Also, I love that you mentioned me cooking healthy meals and the pics that you got of us cooking were me and Dawson making cookies!!! Haha!
Post a Comment