Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You are my sunshine...

You are my sunshine
my only sunshine.
You make me happy
when sky's are grey.
You'll never know dear
how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away!

This is a song I always sing to Easton. I love this song. I remember when I was a little girl being in my grandma Wall's living room and she had several of her friends over. They would get together and play music... all these cute little old ladies. They all had their ukalele's and were singing this song together, You Are My Sunshine. To this day, that song makes me think of her. I've always sung it to my boys. Last night when Easton climbed on my lap to snuggle I started to sing this song to him. To my surprise, he joined in... and he knew the whole song. He sang it right along with me. It was so sweet. We sang it several times together... belting it out. I love you, my sunshine!

And because a post just isn't a post without a picture...
I'll leave you with these.


3 comments:

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Absolutely LOVE this post!

Anonymous said...

Love that boy:) Bet it is reallly cute to hear him singing that song. Love, love, love the pictures.

Merideth Sullivan said...

That is so cute that he knows the song! He is such a cutie. I'm so glad that he is okay from the medicine scare.