Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Middle School Football - first game

Dallon had his first football game of the season last week. They thumped the other team 28-6. Dallon started the game and got lots of playing time so that was exciting! In one of the first plays of the game he was tackled and hurt... but he didn't really let on. I noticed he was hurt, but don't know if anyone else did. He played strong the rest of the game. He had 4 sweet tackles!!! After the game he told us how much he was hurting and we thought maybe he'd broken his tailbone. But we took him to the doctor and he said it's a sprained sacrum. He has to sit out all this week and not over do it. We are just glad nothing is broken. And we look forward to seeing him play again next week! Go #52.













2 comments:

Merideth Sullivan said...

Awesome pictures! That must be so fun to go and watch him play. Since we found out that we're having another boy, I figured that this kind of stuff is definitely in our future. I'm looking forward to it!

Katie Hansen said...

Oh, no. I hope he feels better soon. I never realized how stressful sports are for parents until I watched my own boys play. I bet you were worried watching him play hurt. Those are great pictures and I was glad to see Merideth's comment and hear they're having another boy. What fun!