Friday, September 23, 2011
update on the football injury...
Dallon sat out of football all week... but his sacrum / tailbone area was still hurting. Last night he told me how much it hurt and said that he thought we better go back to the doctor for x-rays. (Dallon is real tough... so when he says something like that I take it serious). So, I took him back to our pediatrician today and he referred us to an orthopedic doctor, same day. The orthopedic doctor took x-rays and we found out Dallon broke his tailbone last week in the football game. He is bummed out... he'll be sitting out most of the season. But he still kept his spirits up as best he could today. He and I joked around that it stinks that his first broken bone is his tailbone. He said, why couldn't I have broken something that would get a cast? I'd get a red cast and my friends could sign it, he said. And I joked back... yeah, your friends better not be signing it! Ha Ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH NO! I didn't want to hear this. I'm sorry. I bet he's been trying to be tough all week just to find out he's worse than you thought. Tell him I agree that no one should be signing ANYTHING for this break! Miss you!!
Aw, poor Dallon. Haha, I don't blame him for at least wanting to break something that you'd get a cool cast out of. I hope he gets better soon!
Post a Comment