Dallon and Dawson have wanted to do bmx bike racing for years. When we first moved here they discovered the tracks. We live right by them. They have been interested in it because of watching Daddy's home video's of his old bike racing days when he was a kid. Aaron and his sister Melissa raced for years. (I'm sure I'll cover that a little more in another post.) Anyway, this was at their very first practice. Both of the boys did great and had a fun time. As you can see in the third picture, the hills are pretty steep and Dawson didn't quite make it up his first time around. If you know Dawson though, then you know he's really tough and a wild man at heart... it didn't slow him down a bit! (These aren't the best pics. It's at night, and under lights. Hopefully I can learn how to take good pics under those conditions so that I can capture them better). Both Aaron and I are excited for the boys to have a sport that they can do together, both practices, and race nights. And it's so fun to have lots of different childhood experiences.



I am now going to share with you the things that Dawson said to us in the car on the ride home after practice.
Mom, I want to tell you a secret. Lean in close... " I took first place." "I took first place 4 times tonight but Dallon only took first once." (I think that is why it was a secret... Dallon wouldn't have stood for him talking smack about him like that.)
The boys made one new friend at the tracks. He took them under his wing and was showing them the ropes. He was a real nice 8 year old who has been racing every week for a year now. On the drive home Dawson said "Logan only took one first tonight... and he's older than me."
We got a hoot out of all this talk. For one, this was only a practice. There were no official winners and losers. But it was so cute to see that he was seriously racing all those around him and in his mind he was definately the winner.
2 comments:
Wow, this brings back sooo many memories. Hope you all have fun with it.
ahhh memories. I hope your boys have as much fun with it as Aaron and I did. Many a weekend was spent traveling around racing. I can't wait to se more pictures!
Post a Comment