
Here's the cake! We are all pretty proud of this one... because it was totally a family effort. Never before have we all had a hand in making a birthday cake. First of all, I really wanted to make a Curious George cake. But there aren't any shaped pans you can buy and I searched the web and found nothing. So, I told Dallon of my problem. That I needed to find a picture of Curious George that I could use as my outline for the cake or we'd just have to have some other kind of party. Within minutes, my little artist brought me this picture below. I loved it... it was perfect. I started to believe that with his awesome drawing and my cake decorating we could actually pull it off. Dawson baked the cakes with me the night before. Aaron is the one who used Dallon's drawing to carve out the shape in the cake, he cut it exactly how it was drawn, size and all. And I did all of the frosting. It was really fun doing it as a family for Easton. Everyone felt so proud of their part in it!We gave him the two toys in these pics. The Curious George stuffed animal was by far his favorite! We were all so shocked by Easton's reaction to him. He pulled him out of the box and hugged him, layed on him, rolled over with him, hugged him again... etc. It was the cutest thing we'd ever seen. It was like there was an instant bond between them. He loves Curious George. It really was the perfect party for our baby boy. I still can't believe his is already one.











10 comments:
WOW! You are such a talented family! You must come over and rub our shoulders! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
that cake is so amazing! you guys did such a great job. I love all the pictures and the ones with his monkey are soooo cute! I feel like such a slacker aunt this year. Tell him we love him and happy 1st birthday!
These are adorable pictures. I love the cake. It looks like it was done by a professional. I can't believe how great it turned out, but I guess all of your cakes turn out great. You sure are setting high standards for the rest of us. Anyways, Easton is an angel, I can't believe he is 1. The pictures at the bottom are way cute with him holding curious george too.
Jaimie ... the cake looks soo amazing! It is now very obvious to me why you work so long on them. It is so dang cute. I need to take cake lessons from you so that Owen's future cakes are cute. Easton's blew Owen's out of the water!
Oops, that last comment was from me. It was still signed in under Jenna's name.
It is so wonderful that everyone pitched in for the cake. It turned out fabulous. The pictures as always are so utterly awesome. I am glad that he loves his curious george. Happy 1st b-day Easton. I love you.
Happy Birthday Easton! He is so adorable, and I love the cake. I just want to give him a snuggle right now. Can you believe how fast it goes?
Oh my goodness! That is too sweet! I can't believe that he is already a year old! The time sure does fly when you're having fun.
Your cake looks so cute! You guys did an awesome job on that.
Happy Birthday Baby Easton!
AMAZING cake decorating. I had to read your post twice to figure out that it was really you who decorated it. Seriously it looks store bought....you are in a whole different league. I can barely get to the store to buy one on time no less make it. Easton is so dang cute, love the hugs for Curious George.
Post a Comment