Monday, January 10, 2011

homemade hockey









This is how our boys spent the whole month of december. Outside playing street hockey. They went to a hockey game at the beginning of the month and that started their love for the game... and they've been playing outside since. They wanted hockey sticks so bad that they made their own. All on their own too. I had no idea they were even doing that. One day they just came in to show me the cool hockey sticks they had made out of sticks and duck tape. They first used a baseball for the puck. But after a couple broken hockey sticks, and another roll of duck tape they wised up and found a tennis ball. They wore their heeley's most of the time. It was the closest thing they had to skates. They use the baseball pitch back and a cardboard box for the goals. It was mostly just the two of them, but a neighbor (Dylan) would join in as much as possible. He made his own stick too. They named their team, The Shadows. They came up with that name one day in our backyard while playing. Our dog pen outside has the name Shadow written in the cement from a previous owner. Their colors are black, white, and red. They try to wear those colors when they play. They each have given themselves positions. Dawson is the goalie and he says he is #50 even though he doesn't have any kind of jersey or team shirt - he has already picked out a number. Ha Ha. He keeps asking me to buy t-shirts so he can make team shirts for everyone. One of these days I'm gonna do that for him. Maybe we'll post the team shirts on here. He is requesting white t-shirts with black and red paint or letters. We'll see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW - what creative children. But then again look at how creative their parents are ;). I love Dawson's expressions - he puts his whole heart and soul into everything he does.

Katie Hansen said...

Okay, whenever I see you next I'm going to have a case of duct tape for your boys. Between this and the wallets, I'm sure they need it!!

Merideth Sullivan said...

That is so awesome! This is what being a kid is all about. I love how they wear their colors when they play. We miss you guys so much! I guess we'll just have to plan a trip for this summer.

Ben, Amy, Isabelle & Olivia said...

Holy Cow Jaimie!!! I have missed so many posts! They are all amazing as usual and the pictures are all priceless! We just love your boys and feel like they are cousins! XOXO

Melanie said...

I'm so jealous, all your pictures look like you cut them out of a magazine, YOUR AMAZING! Christmas looked like fun, and I love love love that the Elf Bernard had such great ideas. I will post what we are having on tuesday for sure.