Monday, May 26, 2008

Power of Prayer

We were all busy getting things done today and Dawson was very bored. Aaron and Dallon were busy making pencils for his school business, and I was busy feeding Easton, doing laundry, etc. Dawson kept asking Aaron if he could play with his neighbor friends. Aaron kept on saying no. But this kid is relentless when it comes to asking to play with friends. Finally, it seemed Dawson had given up and he walked off into the other room. About a minute later, Dawson walked back into the kitchen and asked Aaron again. "Can I please play with friends?" This time Aaron, in total frustration, said yes. (just to get him out of our hair - I mean this kid was driving us all nuts) Then Dawson replied... "Yes!!! I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to make Dad say yes and it worked." We laughed so hard. We had no idea he'd been in the other room praying.

He went and knocked on the neighbors door. I guess they weren't home. Dawson came back inside and said, "I said two prayers that they would come home but I guess Heavenly Father can only answer one question a day."

Later, I overheard Dawson say this to Dallon. "Dallon you should say a prayer that you won't have to take a nap. It worked for me with friends."

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Jaimie,
You have the cutest family! We have the announcement you sent of Easton hanging on our kitchen cabinet. I look at it all the time and miss the days of newborn babies and miss seeing you and your family. Hopefully it won't be so long between visits again.

Jenna Joan said...

Jaim,
This is the cutest story. I loved reading this! I am just counting down the days until I get to see you all and hear the adorable things that your kids say. I miss you tons!

Merideth Sullivan said...

I love your new template! That is so cute. I can't wait for us to come down and see you guys! How is Easton doing? His little gown is cute, but so sad.

Tracie said...

Ok- So how do you know the Jex family! I found that you were linked on Becca's site. We lived just down the street from them in Vegas. I taught the girls is YW. Crazy small world.
tracie